Date Published: February 5, 2015
Twenty-one year old Liliana Dapprima was living her life exactly how she planned. She had an amazing job as an interior designer and lived with her best friend Violet in Toronto. But, everything changes when her father forces her to move to New Jersey to re-design his businesses in New York City. Upon her arrival in New Jersey, she finds out she must live with her old flame, Emilio Amante, who had completely tore apart her heart.
She must learn to live alongside Emilio as she tries to start a new relationship with the new man in her life, Lucas. And to make matters even more complicated, Emilio is Lucas’ boss.
Dealing with a love triangle is hard enough, but then Lily must also deal with secrets from and about her family. She is constantly lied to and when she gets attacked multiple times by a rival family, she wants answers and will go to any extent to get them.
Liliana has been living in a world where everyone and everything is not what it seems.
What will happen when tragedy strikes and secrets are revealed?
Top 10 Favorite Books & Why
1. Beautiful Disaster Series by Jamie McGuire – I love the way Abby and Travis have a love/hate relationship in the beginning, and how it evolves from a forced presences to an effortless love. The passion that they have for each other is shown not only from the way they love each other, but also in the way they fight. I can’t gush over them enough! -Melai
2. Immortal Series by Alyson Noel – I just love the big picture of the love story between Damen and Ever. Their forever love goes back hundreds of years, and the fact that Damen can find Ever every time she is reincarnated shows how much he truly loves her. – Melai and Leigh
3. Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins- The way that Suzanne Collins brings the dystopia world to life captured my attention from beginning to end. The journey that Katniss goes on from volunteering for the HG’s, to the very last word “real” is just beyond words to me. Suzanne writes a politically fueled book, but it includes a beautiful love story with Peeta, a love triangle, PTSD, and a teenage girl. It’s pure genius. – Melai
4. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling – It’s Harry Potter — enough said. Seriously though, between the story line, the descriptions, and the quest the heroes go on to conquer evil makes me wish I was a part of it. Where’s my Hogwarts letter? – Melai and Leigh
5. Wild Reckless by Ginger Scott- We both fell in love with Owen Harper and Kensington. Kensington has always had a perfect life and now it is started to fall apart, whereas Owen has grown up with a not so perfect life and Kensington has made it perfect. It’s a give and take and in the end they balance each other out and make each other better. – Melai and Leigh
6. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen- Darcy + Elizabeth = Greatest love story ever! Darcy’s silent love for Elizabeth only grows stronger, and it is reciprocated as Elizabeth learns everything that Darcy has done for her family was all for her. – Melai and Leigh
7. Cross My Heart Series by Katie Klein – While we both love the first book, the second book, Collateral Damage, would have to be our favorite. We get a side of Parker that we haven’t seen before and realize that there is more going on behind the scenes than what we thought. –Melai and Leigh
8. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis – I loved that while the series was focused around Narnia, there wasn’t a story that was the same. They went on different adventures and fought different evils along the way. It’s one of the stories when a fantasy world was made by a person’s mind and this is something that I will strive for. -Leigh
9. The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyers- We both love how Stephanie wrote such a compelling simple love story between a human, a vampire, and a werewolf. Bella loved both men at the same time, but ultimately Edward won out, BUT Jacob still got his happily ever after too. A win, win for both Vampires and Werewolf’s alike. – Melai and Leigh
10. The Last Song by Nikolas Sparks- I really liked this book a lot. All of Nikolas Sparks book are fantastic, but there was something about The Last Song that I really enjoyed. The love between Will and Ronnie as well as everything Ronnie has gone through with her family makes her a stronger person and afraid the let anyone in. That was until Will came along and knocked down her barrier. – Leigh